- 10 ounces (300g) green papaya
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4-6 bird’s eye chilies
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 3 ounces (100g) long beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2-4 tbsps roasted peanuts
- 2 tbsps dried shrimp (optional)
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 2 tbsps palm sugar
- 3 tbsps lime juice
- To garnish: 1 cup shredded red cabbage, fresh bean sprouts, and ½ cup long beans, cut into small pieces
Peel papaya.Cut flesh into a fine julienne.Discard seeds. Reserve.
In a mortar and pestle,pound chilies and garlic together to form a chunky paste.
Add peanuts,dried shrimps,tomatoes and beans. Mix to incorporate.
Add fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice.
Add shredded Papaya,fold it in.
Put on a serving platter and garnish with red cabbage, fresh bean sprouts and long beans.